the process posts: photography

The photography portion of the magazine making was actually the most challenging for me. Every detail had to be right and coincide with one another in order to get a nice looking photo. In my post prior to this one I showed you guys all of the pictures I took that day, some I do not intend to use but they were part of the cluster of photos I took. Some where too dark, some had too much wind, and in some the girls didn't look as naturally happy as I was going for.

Taking the photo was difficult because my "models" wanted to mess around and were not taking things as seriously as I needed them too. In the end it all worked out and I ended up getting some pretty awesome pictures for my magazine, so I'm happy with the experience.

After taking all the pictures, I selected the one I wanted to use for the cover and started playing around with the edits and filters. On the actual photograph i used the app called vsco ( http://vsco.co ) for the iPhone which provides a large selection filters and colors to place on photos. After scrolling though the filters I selected one that had a sort of blue wash to it (I don't recall the name but I'll look it up and post it in another post) , and played around with the contrast of the photo. I wanted a perfect kind of blurred look for this cover because I think the theme of love is soft, blurred, and smooth.

Once I finished with vsco, I placed the photo on my once plain background of my magazine. I then continued on tot put a colored background behind the photo. I originally started with pink, then move to purple, and finally was satisfied with red. With the transparency of the photo increased I felt that the red gave off the best hue, along with the red lettering of the girls shirt, I found those two to compliment each other perfectly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the process posts

the process posts

the process posts: choices