the process posts: layout

This weekend I went to visit my sister in UCF and asked her and her sorority sisters to take pictures of them for my magazine, since they were doing a valentine's day event, I though it would be a perfect opportunity for me to get good pictures

I have an I phone 8 plus so I used that as my camera, using portrait mode or the HD option to capture the photos. I opted to get the girls doing a more "candid" type of image because  feel as if it portrays more emotion and feeling. For the month of February I had more of a Galentine's day theme to show women loving women to assimilate with my genre of Women's lifestyle 

I put a red hue to the background go the image and made it a little bit more transparent so the red could peak through. I did this because it is a February issue and February is usually associated with Valentine's Day and love and romance. 

I chose to place my magazine name in the left corner because I thought it looked better but also because I didn't want the masthead to take away from the image being in the center. I wanted the center of the page to be open so the image would be the only thing the readers see. This is a sample of my layout.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the process posts

the process posts

the process posts: choices